Friday, December 11, 2015
(Laa Illaaha il’Allaah - (لا اله الاالله)
Its meaning – There is No diety worthy of worship (in Truth) except Allaah.
Its pillars are:
1. The negation phrase “ there is no deity worthy of worship (Laa Ilaaha)
2. The confirmation phrase “ except Allaah (IllaaAllaah)
The phrase: “there is no deity worthy of worship” negates all other false objects of worship while the phrase “except Allaah” confirms that there is only one true Lord, worthy of worship Who has no partners.
The conditions of the Shahaadah (testimony of Faith) are eight:
1. `Ilm (Knowledge): Knowledge of it’s meaning – what is confirmed by it and what is negated by it. As previously stated it was mentioned that the meaning of: “There is NO deity worthy of worship except Allaah” is that all other objects of worship that mankind set up as partners with Allaah are false.
2. Yaqeen (Certainty): To have certainty in its meaning, (i.e. to be free from doubt or suspicion). This means one must be upon certainty that none has the right to be worshipped except Allaah.
3. Al-Ikhlaas (Sincerity): This means the sincerity the servant has towards his Lord ONLY, in all acts of worship. For example, if anyone deviates from this sincerity to Allaah and directs it towards a Prophet, an idol, a king, the jinn or any other false object of worship, then, certainly he is guilty of committing Shirk (polytheism) and has contradicted this condition of the Shahaadah (Testimony of Faith), which is Sincerity.
4. As-Sidq (Truthfulness): It means to speak the truth in order to remove any trace of hypocrisy. This is the meaning of Sidq. It also means to observe truthfulness with the tongue as well as the heart. If Sidq is observed by only the tongue and not by the heart, then this condition of Sidq (truthfulness) will not be met.