Saturday, January 3, 2015
Umm Hyattحفظها الله stressed that 'Talabul-ilm is REVIEW!!' She advised all the sisters to consider themselves as students of knowledge. The angels descend upon the gathering where the students are sitting to seek ilm.
Talabul ilm consists of:
'Understanding, revising & perfecting what we study to the best of our ability.'
Tuesday, December 30, 2014
The adkhār of Salaah, Morning and Evening etc. are a protection for a Muslim. It aids a person in bringing barakah and also to increase his Eemaan. When we are consistent with our adkhār we know that we are sticking closely to the Sunnah of our Prophet صلّى اللَّهُ عليه وسلّم. It is something that our Messenger صلّى اللَّهُ عليه وسلّم did and encouraged us to do. The different supplications we recite also protects us from Shaitaan.
The adkhār of morning should be recited specifically after fajr (before sunrise) and the adkhār of the evening should be recited after Asr (before sunset). If for any reason we miss doing them at the proper time, then we MUST still do it as soon as we are able to. In fact, no matter what, one MUST stay upon the adkhār.
Sheikh Saleh al Fawzaanحفظه الله explains:
1. Reading the Qur'aan, pondering over it and understanding it with its intended meanings;
2. Drawing closer to Allaah with the Nawaafil (supererogatory acts of worship) after the [fulfillment of the] obligatory acts;
3. Constant remembrance of Allaah in all situations with the tongue, the heart and the action [of the limbs];
4. Preferring that which Allaah loves over what the servant loves when the fulfillment of the two conflict;
by Imâm Ibnul Qayyim al-Jawziyyah رحمه الله
In this lies a great secret from the secrets of Tawheed. This is that the heart cannot become firm, it cannot find satisfaction and it cannot find tranquility except by reaching out to Him. Everything that is loved and desired besides Him then it must be desired for other than His sake. The One Who is desired, the One Who is beloved in and of Himself, with Whom all matters find their final goal is only one. It is impossible that the final goal be to two destinations just as it is impossible that the beginning of the creation be from two sources.
Ibnul Qayyim رحمه الله writes:
“Six matters that are linked to the prayer have been indicated as marks of hypocrisy:
1. Laziness when one stands up to pray;
2. Intending to show off with one’s prayer;
3. Delaying the prayer;
4. Praying in an extremely hasty manner;