رَبِّ ابْنِ لِى عِندَكَ بَيْتاً فِى الْجَنَّةِ
'My Lord! Build for me a home with You in Jannaah'
(At-Tahreem 66:11)


Saturday, June 2, 2012

He Whispered In My Ear…



by ABOO THAABIT
‘Alee bin Kharsham said: I saw Wakee’ bin al-Jarraah and he did not have any books with him even though he would memorize that which we did not memorize and I was amazed by this, so I asked him.

I said, “O Wakee’, you do not walk with a book nor do you write on paper yet you memorize more than us!”  Whereupon Wakee’ responded by saying – whispering into my ear – “O ‘Alee! If I were to tell you about the illness that causes forgetfulness will you then act upon it? (i.e. cease doing it) I replied, Yes by Allaah!
He said, ‘Leaving off sin, for by Allaah I have not seen anything more beneficial with regards to memorising than leaving off sin.”

[Siyaar 'Alaam an-Nubalaa volume 6 page 384]

No comments:

Post a Comment