“…The Prophet (صلى الله عليه و سلم) was the most generous person in giving away what he owned, and he would never look at something as being either too big or too insignificant to give up for the sake of Allaah.
If a person in need would approach him, he would always prefer that person to himself. This was sometimes in the form of food, and was sometimes in the form of clothing.
- Sometimes, he would give it as a small gift, sometimes as charity, and sometimes as a large gift.
- He would sometimes buy something from someone then give him back the product itself that he had just paid for, such as what he did with the camel he bought from Jabir.
- Sometimes, he would take a loan and then pay back more than he borrowed, or would give back something better or more plentiful than he borrowed.
- Sometimes, he would buy something and pay more than its value for it.
- He would accept a gift and then repay it with a gift many times more valuable.