رَبِّ ابْنِ لِى عِندَكَ بَيْتاً فِى الْجَنَّةِ
'My Lord! Build for me a home with You in Jannaah'
(At-Tahreem 66:11)


Monday, April 21, 2014

Important Point regarding TAWBA - Sheikh Uthaimeen


 Questioner:
I am a young man. I want to make tawba, but whenever I decide to make tawba, indeed I make tawba to Allah, but how quickly I return! So direct me may Allah (Azza wa Jalla) give you the tawfeeq how to decide upon making tawba and leave off the sin and not return to it another time?
Sheikh ibn Uthaimeen:
The person, from his nature, becomes weak facing the desire to sin except the one Allah protects. Rejoice that verily your tawba is accepted (with Allah’s permission) because it is not from the conditions of tawba that he does not return (to that sin) rather from the conditions of tawba is to decide not to return. And if he returns, then he makes tawba to Allah and seeks forgiveness. Then if his nafs talks to him about sinning, then he remembers the greatness of his Lord (Azza wa Jalla) and remembers that verily he made tawba to Allah. And tawba is like an agreement; it is a must to uphold it. Then if it is possible for him divert himself from this sin by some kind of permissible entertainment then he must do it. We ask Allah to us and you all the tawfeeq to make tauba.

No comments:

Post a Comment