رَبِّ ابْنِ لِى عِندَكَ بَيْتاً فِى الْجَنَّةِ
'My Lord! Build for me a home with You in Jannaah'
(At-Tahreem 66:11)


Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Ways & means by which knowledge is obtained!

            
Edited by: Umm Hasna bint Jabir as-Saylâniyyah

Beneficial knowledge has certain ways and means by which it is obtained and certain paths that are taken in its acquisition and memorization. Amongst the most important of them are: 

Firstly: That the servant asks his Lord for the beneficial knowledge and that he seeks assistance by Him, the Exalted, and shows his need to Him. Allaah سُبحانه وتعالى ordered His Prophet, Muhammad صلّى اللَّهُ عليه وسلّم to ask Him that He increases him in knowledge, in addition to his knowledge.

He, سُبحانه وتعالى said:
رَّبِّ زِدْنِي عِلْمًا
And say, “O Lord! Increase me in knowledge.”
[Soorah Taa Haa (20):114].
  
 And the Messenger صلّى اللَّهُ عليه وسلّم used to say,
O Allaah, benefit me with what you have taught me and teach me that which will benefit me and increase me in knowledge.
[Reported by at Tirmidhee (5/578) and Ibn Maajah (1/92). Also refer to Saheeh Ibn Maajah (1/47)].

No comments:

Post a Comment