رَبِّ ابْنِ لِى عِندَكَ بَيْتاً فِى الْجَنَّةِ
'My Lord! Build for me a home with You in Jannaah'
(At-Tahreem 66:11)


Friday, January 13, 2017

Listening to backbiting is a sin !!

Image result for backbiting


By Sheikh bin Baaz رحمه الله

Question: I am a young woman who hates backbiting and tale-carrying. And sometimes I will be in a group where they are speaking about the conditions of the people and they will begin to backbite and carry tales. I hate this in myself and I loathe it, but I am extremely shy so I am not able to prevent them from that. And likewise I am not able to find a place to distance myself from them. And Allaah knows I wish they would involve themselves in speech other than this. Is there a sin upon me for sitting with them? And what is incumbent upon me to do.

Sheikh bin Baaz
رحمه الله: You are sinning by doing this (sitting with them), unless you disapprove of the evil. If they accept it from you, then all praises belong to Allaah; and if not then it is obligatory upon you to separate from them and to not sit with them. This is based on the statement of Allaah سُبحانه وتعالى:
وَإِذَا رَأَيْتَ الَّذِينَ يَخُوضُونَ فِي آيَاتِنَا فَأَعْرِضْ عَنْهُمْ حَتَّى يَخُوضُواْ فِي حَدِيثٍ غَيْرِهِ وَإِمَّا يُنسِيَنَّكَ الشَّيْطَانُ فَلاَ تَقْعُدْ بَعْدَ الذِّكْرَى مَعَ الْقَوْمِ الظَّالِمِينَ

"And when you  see those who engage in a false conversation about Our Verses (of the Qur'ân) by mocking at them, stay away from them till they turn to another topic. And if Shaitân causes you to forget, then after the remembrance sit not you in the company of those people who are the Zâlimûn (polytheists and wrong­doers, etc.)."
(Al-An'am 6:68)

And the statement of Allaah سُبحانه وتعالى:

وَقَدْ نَزَّلَ عَلَيْكُمْ فِي الْكِتَابِ أَنْ إِذَا سَمِعْتُمْ آيَاتِ اللّهِ يُكَفَرُ بِهَا وَيُسْتَهْزَأُ بِهَا فَلاَ تَقْعُدُواْ مَعَهُمْ حَتَّى يَخُوضُواْ فِي حَدِيثٍ غَيْرِهِ إِنَّكُمْ إِذًا مِّثْلُهُمْ

"And it has already been revealed to you in the Book (this Qur'ân) that when you hear the Verses of Allâh being denied and mocked at, then sit not with them, until they engage in a talk other than that; (but if you stayed with them) certainly in that case you would be like them."
 (An-Nisa 4:140)
 
And the statement of the Prophet :  

"Whoever from amongst you sees an evil, let him change it with his hand, and if he is not able then let him change it with his tongue, and if he is not able then let him hate it in his heart, and that is the weakest of faith."
(Muslim)

And the verses and hadith containing this meaning are numerous. And with Allaah lies all success.


http://www.binbaz.org.sa/mat/147

No comments:

Post a Comment