رَبِّ ابْنِ لِى عِندَكَ بَيْتاً فِى الْجَنَّةِ
'My Lord! Build for me a home with You in Jannaah'
(At-Tahreem 66:11)


Friday, August 3, 2012

“Never under estimate 3 things in Life – I, Me and Myself”...

I, Me and Myself 

Ibnul-Qayyim al-Jawziyyah (rahimahullaah) mentions in his book Za’ad al-Ma’aad:
 It was narrated that Abu Sa’eed al-Khudri & Abu Hurayrah said: The Messenger of Allaah (صلى الله عليه وسلم) said:Might is His garment & pride is His cloak; whoever seeks to compete with Me concerning them, I will punish him.
(Narrated by Muslim, 2620)

Every Muslim should be warned of the oppression of:  I – My/Mine – I Possess
Indeed these three words are what Iblees (Shaytan), Fir’awn & Qaroon were tried with.
Iblees said: ‘I am better than him’
Fir’awn said: ‘Is not mine the Kingdom of Egypt,’
Qaroon said: ‘This has been given to me only because of knowledge I possess.’
So regarding the saying of the Slave of Allaah I– then the best that he can be described with is:
I am a slave who sins, makes mistakes, seeks forgiveness and recognizes this.
So regarding the saying of ‘My/Mine– and those statements similar to that is:
My sins, my crimes, my humbleness, my depravation and submissiveness.
So regarding the saying of ‘I Possess- then the best that he can be described with is:
Forgive me for my mistakes and what I do intentionally, in jest, or in seriousness and I possess all these shortcomings.


Oh Muslims, remember that, Pride is an attribute that is not befitting for anyone except Allaah. Whoever seeks to compete with Allaah in that, Allaah will destroy him, wreak vengeance on him & make things difficult for him.

Oh Muslims, remember that, a Muslim is not the one who boasts.

‘Iyaad ibn Himaar al-Mujaasha‘i (may Allaah be pleased with that) narrated that the Messenger of Allaah (صلى الله عليه وسلم) said one day in his khutbah:

Allaah has revealed to me that you should be humble so that no one will boast to anyone else and no one will transgress against anyone else.
[Narrated by Muslim, 5109]

So, my dear Muslim brethren, adorn yourself with honour and that which leads to it, such as good manners, a cheerful face, spreading the salaam (the salutation), showing forbearance, hating haughtiness, having self-esteem which is free from tyranny, and being gallant but not for the sake of zealous partisanship, and being fanatic without being patriotic.

Therefore avoid the affairs that tarnish your honour, whether it be (in your) nature, speech, or actions; [and] also [indulging in] degrading actions, or evil habits such as: [being] conceited, showing off, boastfulness, arrogance, and looking down upon others, to be seen in doubtful places.

We ask Allaah to keep all his believing slaves away from falling into pride, boasting and all such evils.

No comments:

Post a Comment