رَبِّ ابْنِ لِى عِندَكَ بَيْتاً فِى الْجَنَّةِ
'My Lord! Build for me a home with You in Jannaah'
(At-Tahreem 66:11)


Friday, February 6, 2015

"So WORK HARD to achieve her ! !"


Khaalid Ibn Safwan رضي اللّه عنـه saw a group in the Masjid of Basrah, & he said,
What is this gathering?”

He was told,
There is a woman who informs men about women who are available for marriage.

He went to her & said,
I want to marry a woman.”

She said,
Describe her to me.

So he described her saying,
I want her to be a virgin who is wise like a married woman, or a married woman who is innocent like a virgin; she should be sweet when she is near, splendid when she is at a distance, she should have lived a life of luxury & then became afflicted with poverty – so she has the manners of the rich & the humility of the poor. When we gather wealth, we should be as the people of the world, & when we become poor, we should be as the people of the hereafter.

She said,
I KNOW of such a woman for you.”

He said,
And where is she?

She replied,
“In Paradise! So work hard to achieve her!”

{Taken from ‘Gems & Jewels’ pg. 23}

1 comment: