رَبِّ ابْنِ لِى عِندَكَ بَيْتاً فِى الْجَنَّةِ
'My Lord! Build for me a home with You in Jannaah'
(At-Tahreem 66:11)


Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Beneficial Dua.

                               Image result for dua is the weapon of a believer                                

'Abbās (رضي الله عنه) - the uncle of the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم, came to the Prophet and said, “Ya Rasūlullāh, teach me a du'ā'.” 

The Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم  said: “O my uncle, say:

"Allāhumma inni asaluka al-'āfiyah.
(O Allāh, I ask you for 'āfiyah).”

What is 'āfiyah?
'Āfiyah means:

*To save me from any afflictions;
*To be healthy, you are in 'āfiyah;
*To have enough money;
*To live, you are in 'āfiyah;
*To have your children protected, you are in 'āfiyah;
*And if you are forgiven and not punished, you are in 'āfiyah.

'Āfiyah means:

“O Allāh, protect me from any pain and suffering.”

**This includes the dunya & the ākhirah.

'Abbās  رضي الله عنه thought about this for a while, and then he came back after a few days and said: “Ya Rasūlullāh, this du'ā' seems a little short. I want something Big.” (paraphrased)

The Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم said, “My dear uncle, ask Allāh for 'āfiyah for wallāhi, you cannot be given anything better than 'āfiyah.”

It is a simple du'ā'. Sincerely mean what you say.

O Allāh, I ask You to be saved from any distress, grief, hardship, harm. Don't test me.”
All of this is included in:

Allāhumma inni asaluka al-'āfiyah
(Riyadh As-Saliheen, Sunan At-Tirmidhi)

The complete hadith with reference:  

Abul-Fadl Al-`Abbas bin `Abdul-Muttalib  رضي الله عنه reported:

I asked the Messenger of Allaah صلى الله عليه وسلم to teach me a supplication. He صلى الله عليه وسلم said, "Beg Allaah for safety (from all evils in this world and in the Hereafter)." I waited for some days and then I went to him again and asked him: "O Messenger of Allaah, teach me to supplicate something from Allaah." He said to me, "O Al-`Abbas, the uncle of Messenger of Allaah! Beseech Allaah to give you safety (Al-`afiyah ) in this life and in the Hereafter."
[At- Tirmidhi]

وعن أبي الفضل العباس بن عبد المطلب رضي الله عنه قال‏:‏ قلت يا رسول الله‏:‏ علمني شيئًا أسأله الله تعالى، قال‏:‏ ‏"‏سلوا الله العافية‏"‏ فمكثت أيامًا، ثم جئت فقلت‏:‏ يا رسول الله‏:‏ علمني شيئًا أسأله الله تعالى، قال لي‏:‏ ‏"‏يا عباس ‏يا عم رسول الله سلوا الله العافية في الدنيا والآخرة‏"‏‏.‏ ‏(‏‏(‏رواه الترمذي وقال‏:‏ حديث حسن صحيح‏)‏‏)‏‏.‏

Sunnah.com ref: Book 17, Hadith 24
Arabic/English book ref: Book 17, Hadith 1488

No comments:

Post a Comment