رَبِّ ابْنِ لِى عِندَكَ بَيْتاً فِى الْجَنَّةِ
'My Lord! Build for me a home with You in Jannaah'
(At-Tahreem 66:11)


Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Advice for Fathers with their Children


Ibnul Qayyim aj-Jawzeeyah (d.751 A.H.)  رحمه الله said:

‘Allaah’s advice for fathers with their children precedes advice for children with their fathers.
So whoever was careless and negligent of educating his son, and leaves off benefiting him and leaving him useless, then he has been evil to him, extremely evil.
Indeed most children being corrupt is due to their fathers, and then being neglectful of them.
Them leaving their education of the Faraa'id (obligations) and the Sunnan (practices of the Sunnah) of the religion, so they caused them to be lost when they were young. Then the fathers did not benefit from them when they were older.
Just like some fathers held it to be shameful that their children were disobedient, so the child says, O my father you showed disobedience to me when I was young,  so now I’m being disobedient to you now that I am older. You caused me to be lost when I was a boy,  so I caused you to be lost in your old age.’
[From 'Tuhfat al-Mowdood bi Ahkaam al-Mowlood' pg.387]

No comments:

Post a Comment