رَبِّ ابْنِ لِى عِندَكَ بَيْتاً فِى الْجَنَّةِ
'My Lord! Build for me a home with You in Jannaah'
(At-Tahreem 66:11)


Monday, July 23, 2012

Which of the favours of Thy Lord do you deny? (2)

by Imâm Ibnul Qayyim al-Jawziyyah
(Reminder 2)

 

Layth ibn Abî Burdah said:

When Allâh gathers people on the Day of Judgement, He will remind them of His blessings. One of His slaves will say: “Remind me of something,” & Allâh will say:
  “Remember when you faced such-and-such adversity, & you prayed to Me, so I relieved you of it. Remember when you were travelling in such and-such a place, & you asked Me to give you a travelling companion, & I did so... Remember when you asked for the hand of so-and-so the daughter of so-and-so, & others also asked for her hand, so I gave her to you to marry & kept the others away.” His slave will be...
standing before his Lord, Who will remind him of His many blessings.’” Then the narrator of this story (Layth) wept & said, "I hope that no one will stand before his Lord in this way, because the one who does so will be punished." (i.e. if Allâh has to point out that which should be obvious, this is a sign of a person’s ingratitude, & he will be punished.)

Taken from “Uddat as-Sâbireen wa Dhâkirat ash-Shâkireen”

No comments:

Post a Comment