رَبِّ ابْنِ لِى عِندَكَ بَيْتاً فِى الْجَنَّةِ
'My Lord! Build for me a home with You in Jannaah'
(At-Tahreem 66:11)


Sunday, July 22, 2012

Which of the favours of Thy Lord do you deny? (1)

by Imâm Ibnul Qayyim al-Jawziyyah
(Reminder 1)
 

 
Salmân al-Fârsî (radhiyAllaahu anhu) said:

“There was a man who was given many of the luxuries of this world, & then they were taken away from him. But he continued to praise & thank Allâh until everything had been taken from him, even his bed. And then he still praised & thanked Allâh. Another man, who had also been given many of the luxuries of this world asked him, ‘What are you praising & thanking Allâh for?’ The man said, ‘I am praising & thanking Him for blessings which, if others asked me to give them in return for all that they have, I would never give them up.’ ‘What can they be?’ asked the second man. ‘Can’t you see?’ asked the first man. ‘I have my eyesight, my tongue, my hands, my feet...’”

 Taken from “Uddat as-Sâbireen wa Dhâkirat ash-Shâkireen”

No comments:

Post a Comment